Thursday, January 17, 2013

"high lights" by technic (cream highlighter)

The one thing that initially drew me to this product was the cute description of the contents, namely, 'Beauty in a jar!'. How retro! This product was my first foray into cream highlighters and at $NZ16.99, you can't go wrong! I have read that this is a pretty good dupe for Benefit High Beam but I have not yet tried the Benefit one for an honest comparison. The liquid is smooth and sheer and you can adjust the amount to suit - depending how ethereal you wish to appear! In the swatch picture, I have blended it to the left and left an unblended streak so you can get an idea of the colour. The brush is pretty unimpressive but it's not really designed for blending, just for application. I dot a little bit in a curved 'C' from my brow bone and around to my upper cheek bones and blend into my foundation very gently using my finger or my foundation brush . If I'm feeling like I need an extra lift, I'll blend a little down the length of the bridge of my nose and a little on the cupid's bow to add a little extra glow! This product lasts all day and doesn't cake or do anything dreadful to my foundation. I love it! It's affordable, nice to use and really works to impart a fresh glow! It's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment