Sunday, December 27, 2015

Happy, blue days.


Hubby's boat has been a godsend since his diagnosis. He hasn't been able to indulge in his beloved mountain biking since his fairly recent major liver surgery, and the fact chemo leaves him feeling pretty wiped...so our little day sailor has been such a blessing! The weather has been cracking since Christmas and we have been making the most of it!
I have had a fixation (obsession) with Bean Rock lighthouse since we moved over to this side of the city, this year so we headed that way and did a few passbys. It's my dream to go there...but since it's a heritage site, I think, not to mention a major navigational aid and thus an offense to even touch...I'll just have to stick to dreaming and gazing. 

This week has been my first time in the boat (she's relatively new) and I'm loving it! We have been sticking to the little engine, this week, as it's been too calm for the sails. Good excuse to wear a cute hat, bright coverup and have a picnic! Speaking of coverups, here is my new one. It's from Ezibuy's Urban range. It's technically a top but being hobbitesque, I can wear it as a sundress/coverup. I took the cord out where it's supposed to gather below the hips and I now wear it as a waist tie. Being short and built somewhat like a female Samwise Gamgee, I need cinching action or else such pieces look like a muumuu! I always remember in my Trinny & Susannah book they said to avoid baggy sacks...I've heeded that advice always! If I had lovely long legs, I could get away with it but instead I need to accentuate my waist; that part is pretty good!


No comments:

Post a Comment