The yearning for a second comes and goes but of late it's been rather strong. My husband has a wonderful tattoo; it's quite large and it is on his left calf, at the back. It's a stylised tree, inspired by Māori designs and is also a 'tree of life'.The terrestrial portion and the roots are separated by our son's birthdate. The inside parts have a woven texture, like kete (woven flax baskets).
I've always wanted to have a tattoo for my hubby, too, especially now that we are in the midst of his cancer journey....and I have an idea. Upon browsing Pinterest I came upon this design [Image credit: Zazzle.com].
It, too, is evidently a tree of life and I love the idea of us having connected body art. I think I love this but of course would modify it to make it unique. This is merely a guide. The artist will do that but I'd instruct him or her to remove the falling leaf and to 'patch up' the hole in the centre of the tree. Considering three birds, too, but am unsure as yet. It's also very Middle Earth-esque, as my hubby pointed out to me, today. Bonus! It's quite fine, though...hopefully doable.
Position-wise, this too has taken much thought. Ideally I'd like to be able to see it but as it won't be tiny, I think it's best on the back of my neck, low, where I can choose to display it or not. I have no issue with people displaying tattoos; I love them...my wrist one is never covered up by anything (I wear my watch and bangles on my other hand) but for me, this larger one needs to go somewhere else. It's just a personal preference. If I had a model's tone and form, things might be different! So at this stage, I'm thinking medium in size, and at the base of my neck where it meets the top of my back. I could show it off by wearing a tank top/ dress and my hair up. Sounds good to me. Now to psyche myself up for it! I'll be sure to post about it if and when I do it.
Xx


No comments:
Post a Comment