Sunday, January 3, 2016

Wrecked frocks and shopping shocks

Hubby had his first chemo back after Christmas (he's up to cycle 6 for stage 4 bowel cancer). I stayed awhile as I usually do but my sore back protested so I headed off to the nearest mall to check out the shops (and to buy him a sudoku puzzle book). 

Do you ever have those 'blah' shopping trips? Firstly, nothing fitted; my festive weight gain was dreadfully obvious, then I lost one of my purchases (thankfully nothing expensive, but I was looking forward to giving kiddo that MineCraft magazine so I'm gutted I lost it somewhere....). I freely admit these are very much first world problems, but ugh.

My mother bought me a beautiful, white summer dress; Espirit, down to $36 from $109. The perfect fit and very summery. I took it away on holiday and yesterday I somehow managed to get about four stains on it. I found some stain remover, applied it and bagged the dress knowing that I would be home today. Something happened overnight, at a molecular level, and upon washing it, where I'd applied the remover, the areas were yellowed and well...wrecked! I went to Espirit today and they had them...but not in my size. I've decided to dye it. I've never dyed a garment before so that will be interesting. I'll do a before and after.

Here is the dress before I inadvertently wrecked it :( 
 
Oh well, onward and upward!

Xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment